<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Did I feel like I forgot Something: Not today Did i actually forget anything? Negatory

Man.. i guess my new bike isn't all that... I'm riding to work at 6:20am, going down 14th street, when i reach mission. at the intersection was a red light, but no cross-traffic whatsoever except for this one car stopped at the line. For some unknown reason i decided to evade around it. The car wasn't moving, i realized that in my path it turned green as i went to evade, at that point i went around the car and proceeded to turn right. The ground was wet and in my mind i knew something was going to happen if i leaned in too far. On my AIM i remember those days when i leaned like mad and the tires gripped like mad.. It was like on a motorcycle, it must be the geometry or something, for the Gary Fisher had Specialized Team Control Comps on the front and some Semi-Slicks on the rear.. those semi-slicks have slipped out on me before, again on a crazy leaned cornering turn. Back to the story, i went around the car and tried to turn right, right then both tires slipped out under me and i ate it.. Pretty good quarter sized chunk out of my knee came off, ripped my pants. I have no idea how many pants i have left, the day before that my other pants got caught on my tool box and ripped a hole *lovely*.. this isn't going too well for my khakis.. I wonder if i should go put in new tires, or just not ride that bike for a bit.. it's comfy and the geometry is leaned slight forward, not like the AIM which felt like i was perched up. Ima gonna tool around with the AIM to work and see what happens.. hopefully not an event like that. Going to a smelly-not-so-clean environment like my workplace isn't cool for open wounds.. I went to the medical office and they got me patched up..
Lesson Learned: time to buy Neosporin stock..

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?