<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 18, 2003

Level Of Difficulty at Work: 5 out of 10 (with a bandaged wrist!)
NapTime During Lunch: ~30min

Going to sleep was interesting, i rubbed some of that icy-hot crap on my hand and tied a towell around my wrist and somehow got to sleep with it elevated. The next day it felt about the same in the morning. I was figuring on how to get to work! I thought i could twist-the-wrist (motorcycle) but it doesn't seem like thats gonna help me.. especially when the throttle AND brake are on the right hand.. And i don't think i can ride my bicycle, so i actally D r o v e to work.. Ooo scary.. actually when i told my coworkers that i drove, they knew it was serious and not no joke. My coworker was there to tell everybody our great adventure and he likes to emphasize the 'and i didn't get hurt but Eric over here.. man.. he broke my fall.' ya thanks.. At least they got me hanging out as the gate guy, it was easy going, i mastered the left hand, and for a day or so i was doing everything left handed.

I happen to get a doctors appointment and venture there after work. I think i healed some more because my wrist wasn't hurting so much as the morning drive. The doctor wanted me to be out of work for a week and wanted wrist x-rays and gave me 30 days worth of Naproxen and a wrist splint.. Whoa medication! i've never gone past the realm of Tylenol for pain meds.. It's supposed to be for the swelling, i guess. After taking the naproxen i didn't really feel pain relief.. i was naturally in a state of no-pain, unless i flexed my hand. so if you don't flex your hand, you won't get the pain.. Oooo bolean logic for u.. So i got the meds. I can't find a place thats open when i'm looking for the splint, and a place for x-rays aren't open on the weekend which is what i wanted to do. This is weak..

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?