<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 14, 2003

Level Of Difficulty at Work: 7 out of 10 (could have been a 4 out of 10)
NapTime During Lunch: 26min

Freedoms or not? I decide..


Today i just got sick of this client of mine at work. It's one of those things where you know he's not gonna do anything, but he bothers and harasses and does what he can do irritate.. Theres a certain phrase when people use it becomes a 'red flag' and certain protocals occur. It was sorta like black n white, the line was well defined in events like this. Well i got tired of this guy doing the same event over and over and over, day over day over day. When such things occur you start going sideways. I started to grey the black n white. Normally your supposed to take immediate action, to prevent whatevers possible from occuring. Well i delayed this event for 5 hours, nothing happened because i knew nothing was going to happen. But it makes you wonder what else can i do? I have an array of multitudes of choices, tools, possibilities. I know this individual because of the history of days and days, over and over. It's like the movie Ground Hog Day. I've never seen the movie as a whole but i've seen bits of it. I can: Ignore the person, Take Action, Talk to him, Get physical, whatever. I decide to talk to him, to try to find out the reason. Theres always a reason to an action, but this individual doesn't want to go along, he wants his way and i wouldn't give it to him. It irritates him, but it doesn't set him off. I wouldn't say this guy is totally harmless, but his demeanor (he laughs at my jokes when he's threatening to kill me) isn't gonna put me in the hospital (anythings possible with these peoples). So i talk to this guy and it goes back and forth, and i have success the first time in calming down the fire. About 30minutes later, he starts up again. This time he suddenly calms down again. 30minutes after that, he does it again. This time i'm tired, it's after lunch, i don't wanna try anymore. But my coworkers take their turns at him and convince him again. So it was up and down and there was nothing to do anyways on that day and all of a sudden he starts up again. So this time we just followed what our operating procedures state and off he goes.

It confuses me on why he would threaten me and staff and other people, but he doesn't really want to. He did state such things about the peoples of the feminine persuasion. So he's the typical guy who can't get any.. He just wants some love. How sad. So whats the point in which your freedom to voice becomes a threat in which action must be taken? And how do you know if one threat is more than another one. And of course if you choose one path, people are going to complain. And if you go the other way, well other people will complain. I guess thats the magic of politics to be able to calm and persuade the whole or at least win the majority.

I'm done with work. Can i retire now?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?