<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 11, 2003

195-2x!! out of 200...

Sweet, Today was the 'renewed Nimitz Rifle Match'. History Lesson! The Olympic Club of San Francisco would shoot a yearly rifle match at Mare island near vallejo back in the day. They'd shoot against the Naval Rifle Teams n whoever else who wanted to shoot in it. Well that was from the 1930's to the 80's. Today they wanted to revive something similar, with the Olympic Club hosting a match v. the SFPD sniper team. They asked around a little more and the FBI sniper team wanted in on this. Last week at the high power, they asked me to go with represent the Sheriffs Dept. Our rag tag team of 3, was 2. For our teammate roderick had to tend to a sick daughter. The funny part was we introduced ourselves and at that time i was the only S.D. guy there. Everybody who was a 'sniper' had the exact same rifle. a Winchester 700 in .308 with a Leupold Scope, and Harris Bipod. My joke was 'do you guys ever switch rifles by accident?' heh so when it came time for me to introduce i was like, 'uh, i'm either shooting my AR-15 or a Thompson Contender.' A wha? it's my dainty rifle, Marlia said it best 'I don't even like guns, but this one is pretty!' Anyways everybody else who doesn't have a sniper rifle had match prone rifles decked out with all the goodies. It was mad. I shot unsupported prone with only my sling holding up my rifle. The snipers had it too easy. Not only did they shot with a bipod, they had these rolls on the backend of the rifle. Basically just lay there, aim and squeeze the trigger. The winner won with a perfect score 200 with 16 bullseyes. Next year i'm debating if i'm gonna shoot the Thompson Contender with a match .308 with a bipod. i dunno, it'll be alot cheaper then spending 2k on one. But then it would be another toy for me.. neakneak

Afterwards, off to do some Christmas shopping. And for the first time i was the typical guy with the 12 bags of stuff from every which store @ hillsdale. Roxanne was going crazy with her coupons. I still doubt my white elephant gift is arriving tommorrow. doodoo!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?