<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Ahhh yea, it begins..
468-8x! Ultra Sweet, two points away from master class.. I guess i'm expert class now..

It was a very cold day out there, by the time i got there around 7:50am some of the soggie mug froze over. Tis interesting to see. The drive up was nice and peaceful, must lower heartrate.. Overcast skys, it was pretty hard to see sausalito though. I finally got to use some of my coupons from all the last matches that i won.
Since the upper had only 20-rounds gone through it, the locking lugs of the bolt were pretty tight. I knew i would have some problems during the match. It affected me but not much, since i scored so high. The bolt wasn't locked forward all the way and i had to clear the jam by banging the rifle on the floor while pulling the latch. I think i banged it so much that the trapdoor on the buttstock came open, the latch broke off! it was getting weak! During the Standing to sitting position the bolt wasn't full forward and that jacked me up. And i guess if you try to clear it, then thats it. No Alibi shooting, which i think is retarded. But they let me shoot it. I only had one round off, so i woulda been down 91points!(eek) inbetween, i drowned the bolt in lube and it started to work again. I guess that wilson combat oil is good for pistols but maybe not for rifles? or maybe i just don't use enough. My shooting diary was splattered in oil afterwards! It was all good for the next two stages. I knew i got a good score but i thought i had room to improve. My standing to sitting was bleh. It'll all work better, hopefully next month. So i got my shooting plaque from the sniper shoot, neatos!
Next years nimitz match i'll go at it again with my thompson contender and bipod.. mwahaha! I was thinking of getting a match barrel for the T/C but i dunno, the T/C doesn't go up to .308! Weak!!
Afterwards, it's off to the gunshow, i was looking for a new buttplate, and some ammo boxes for more .223's (everybody wants some reloads), and a springfield 1903.. but nope, nada. I coulda bought this cute plush frog pillow for roxanne. But what ever happened to buying gun stuff at gunshows?? Everybody is selling knives and swords. You can get the finest quartz, t-shirts, cell phone accessories, and what not. I dunno if i'm going to go back to it anymore.
Master class.. yes.. thats all i want, and i think i can get to it. Thats another new years resolution i suppose.. a score of 470+ woot!
I guess i'll hafta start an ammo count, the shooters say that a barrel change should occur at 5000rounds.. Kinda like an oil change!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?