<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Argh! Almost!!
Forgive me father for i have sinned.. it's been 7 months snice i shot my match rifle..
Silly house and wedding! oi! It was all good at the 200 yard line though. i scored highest ever, 469-9x (468 was the high before) 1 fricking point away from master class, which is my current goal in life.. Doesn't that sound cool? 'i shoot in the master class..' Today was a very cold clear day, semi-cloudy, mostly sunny. I wanted to wear my other pairs of glasses but like always forget, and find myself with the transition lensed stuff. I thought it would get in the way but it didn't overtint, which is good. The only bad was the glasses are so small that shooting in the sitting and prone position, i wasn't looking through the glasses, i was looking over the glasses. That might have helped my poor vision in focusing on sight alignment, but i like to use my current shooting excuse: My scarf is what helps me. For the longest, since i moved i didn't know where my cheesy plaid scarf went. I thought it was in my snowboard bag, for i carry it on the slopes for when the weather calls for the extreme winter gear, but it wasn't there. i casually asked the fluffielady and she remembered seeing it in my closet. And there it was sitting on a nice shiny silver hook. I brought it for fun since i was wearing it the day before and found that richmond is cold! it was cold throughout the day! i couldn't find my hitman gloves either, whats up with all this?
I meet up with my co-worker who was forced to work another shift, so he's worked 16 hours, and been up who-knows-how-long. At first he decided to just pass out, but thought about it and decided to join in on the shooting fun. Beer and guns is his thing, usually guns first then beer, but i had to have him come along, for somehow i forgot my shooting coat with it's gear with him, since my last match in sacramento, at may 8, 2004. We sign up and i found old gift certificates (you get them for winning) that was still in my car.. Everythings better when the shootings for free! We come to find out that we're on the 3rd relay, which is butt-late. Also i come to find that my name is now on a trophy that's displayed on the range for top marksman class of 2003, and they finally had a plaque made out, which was handed over in a little ceremony. See it was good to go drag myself outta bed and shoot. i do swear though, us shooters are a strange breed, hanging out in a very cold empty field, very early in the morning, frosty breaths shooting out of our mouths. But i've seen these scenes a many a time (hurry up and wait).
Headed towards the quaint town of point richmond, nestled in the hills behind the refinery equipment, ate breakfast and went back to find that we still had about an hour to go.
Finally we get to shoot at 11am, with my offhand (22 shots in 22 minutes)i was doing fine, until i looked at my timer at the 6th shot and saw the clock was ticking at 15min, man i'm taking my time. So i hurried a little and got a few rounds off which i didn't want to, but alas getting the timing of things when it's been so long is just so hard! We ended with my co-worker firing his last shot, oh 3 seconds before 22minutes was over. i scored a 181-1x.
On the rapid sitting, the 2 spotting shots i was low and to the right, 2 clicks up and 2 left resulted in a score of 92-1x. I was too slow! 60seconds 10 shots. barely made it.
300 yard simulated Rapid prone i went right 1 click, and produced a 97-3x. not bad, this time i had time on my side for some wierd reason. 10 shots in 70 seconds.
On the 600-yard simulated slow prone, 12 shots in 12 minutes. i missed 'cleaning' my target. Getting a 99-4x. Bah! if that one shot went 1/2inch closer, that woulda made my day. About halfway through my hand started getting the familiar numb tingling, i kept telling myself it's almost over! and that shot was the bad one. =(
And i woulda been in contention for master class. You must shoot twice in a row a score of the next class to advance.. Marksman -> Sharpshooter -> Expert -> Master -> High Master.. man! it just means next time, we do this! it felt pretty good, i had my noob moments like usual but it didn't frazzle me anymore, i expect something goofy to happen at every match.
And all the while i'm out cavorting with the physics of a pointed cylindrical piece of metal, fluffielady's having a bad day with a cluster-crap of retarded people at the serramonte mall. i don't think shes going back there ever..
Now i've got some guns to clean before J comes and takes da fluffielady and i out! wee!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?