<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Level Of Difficulty at Work: 1 out of 10
NapTime During Lunch: 18min

Floated to my old bicycle hangout Supergo, since they have a new store in Mountain View. I've stopped by the new store before and this time i go with a purpose: Road tires, a shorter stem, inner tubes. Well they didn't have the road tires that i wanted. I got this carbon fiber stem for 25$, pretty good deal. My old stem's 100 or 110 mm long and it was a flipped over mountain bike one. The latter part doesn't matter, but the length was a bit too long. So i got this 60mm carbon fiber one. I also picked up a Carbon Fiber Seatpost.. I'm gonna carbon fiber the bike out.. the last thing i'll get would be a cheap carbon fiber fork. If there is such one out there. Got a patch kit and floated off to Fry's which was 3miles or so away. I get there and theres only 2 pages of ads posted.. I didn't feel like i needed anything so i left.. Thats right i went to Fry's and i didn't step inside.. I couldn't carry anything big in my backpack anyways.
So bicycle was 380.. add another 56$ for now.. i'll probably order the tires online, and a wireless computer.. that's gonna be another 60$.. So for now project X01 is at 436$
So the training begins, i think i'll ride with the stock stuff and then about 3 weeks before the race i'll stick the supergear on, and ride that puppy. The X01 weighs 21 Pounds right now. The bikes trick as is it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?