<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Level Of Difficulty at Work: 2 out of 10 (man it was busy)
NapTime During Lunch: 24min

More Training begins.. For this silly Triathlon, i was staring at the elevation map of my destined bicycle ride and i noticed something.

The course is described as:
The bike course is 40K (24.8 miles) long and should be considered relatively difficult.
and:
Cyclist will leave the transition area to the north and proceed directly up "Lynch Hill" (a very steep climb.)
The first (killer) sharp uphill seems to be almost 400ft vertical in less than a mile. So i looked around the bay area topographical maps (online of course) and found that since i live on TOP of a hill, the climb might be similar in elevation. I found one such hillclimb. At Hickey Blvd. and Gellert, all the way to the top at Skyline Blvd. is about a 500 ft verticle in 3/4 mile.. Thats where my training will be. I did it today and it sucked! I had flashbacks of going up California Street (from Kearny to the Fairmont hotel) in downtown S.F. and of my Mount Davidson rides back in the day..
I love the hills, but downhilling is always better than uphilling.
ToAsTy's Rule of Bicycling.. 1) it's always uphill somehow.. and 2) if it's not uphill the stupid wind kills you..
When i first started mountain biking in s.f. it was from my (s.f.) house to mount davidson. Which is a 575ft rise and i think i measured it to be 1.2-1.4 miles. i did that everyday for summer. The fastest i took getting up top was 9minutes, which was with my crazy Singaporean Roomie (the uphiller, i'm the downhiller), but my usual average was about 12-15min.
It took forever (2-3months) on my bicycle computer to get the odometer to 400miles Then i moved to fresno for college. In 3 weeks i almost busted 400 miles on the flat bleh streets.
Climbing them puppies was on my mountain bike, the gearing is easier. I'm doing it now on road gearing.. I have a fixed front gear of 54 tooth, while my mountain bike front chainring is 22-32-44tooth. i don't even want to talk about the rear cogset.

Woohoo *dances like a giddy fruit* my board is coming! But it's slated to arrive when i'm up in the mountains.. *bah!* =(

Added Monkeyboy Mattys' Blog and Andy's Blog to the mix.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?