<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 01, 2005


Mass of humanity!

My goodness my CALVES are KiLLiNG ME! Don't need no Calf implants here! So my gun-ho coworkers wanted to bust this Jamba Juice Wildflower Triathlon in the relay action. Mr. 10-8 swims for almost 1 mile, i bike for 24, and Liza our Psych Tech runs for 6.2.. My goal was to beat ONE team, may they be 80-year old, 1-legged folk, it doesn't matter. We did alright Ranked 81 out of 126 teams overall and 34 out of 55 in the Mixed Relay class. Sweet.. i wish i did better, my left calf was beyond cramping it was clutching tight at about 10mile mark, and at the 15 the right calf did the same. It was killer! But the gradiations weren't that bad. The Hickey Slope i practiced on helped BUNCHES. if you could do that, you could do anything. Also having only one front chainring sorta kept me going. i was felling crampy since mile 15.. i didn't know if i was going to make it. But downhills are my speciality and i was owning it. It feels like a motorcycle!

Yesterday we get to Lake San Antonio, about 3-3.5hr drive, it's kinda pretty the area. Not too far, the camp site was 'go where you like, pitch your tent wherever'. Which was kinda cool, but there was no showers in the overflow camping area that we were at. *ick* Setup camp and met up with Liza's Roomie and their crew. I brought all the camp stuff but none of us brought foodies, thank goodness for The Roomies and crew for bringing foods.
Mental Note: Next time bring a flashlight / headlight and FOOD!

Overall the experience was cool, i wouldn't be able to do a full triathlon, they have mini triathlons (called Sprints) but swimming isn't my thing. And just doing the bicycle part sorta whooped me. Didn't get many pics, and they were all through my cellphone. I was playing the mp3's on my phone through the loudspeaker for my whole 1 hour, 40-minutes. Kinda cool.
man i'm tired.. my calves! tommorrow i don't even wanna know.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?