<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Somehow i feel like a Country Song is brewing..

Fluffielady wakes up today semi-sickies.. ugh it's just not working out for her this year. Somewhere (an email? a poster?) we read one of those Chinese New Year fortunes for your zodiac and it was all bad for both the year of dragons and snakes.. Lovely! And it's still the beginning of the year. oi!

Friday:
My time is up for the DSL service, i've been paying 30$ a month for the PRO *Oooo* stuff. And i wanna downgrade since i don't think it's worth it. The 3mbps is ok, i've gotten 320k/sec rates at times but the best is the 512kbps upload. Anyhow i called the number and the automated thing says 'expect waits of 10 or more minutes,' riiight.. i had to hang up 'cuz my cordless phone ran out of power, 2.5hrs later. At least i did the laundry, cooked, etc. So i call saturday, same doodoo.. i love the standby message 'to speed your time, you can make changes online at www.sbc.com.' NO! Not with my account, they'll let you upgrade and renew, not downgrade. Too bad my brother has my powerdrill, i really wanted to make some nifty ammo for them.

Yesterday went to meet up with the home finance lady. Currently we're living decently. Well with the new refinance things are gonna get tight. Not tight enough where i *hafta* work OT, but it means no Yamaha R1 or dance studio for a bit. oi! I think i'm gonna be stuck in the service rifle division as well. So no toys? i hope our raise comes soon! That and the Advanced Certificate with 6% boost should do us back to decency. Unless bebes come and fluffielady wants to quit, man then it'll be OT toasty. *ick* Saturdays available at the 6th floor? heh
After Home Finance Lady, we go to Insurance lady, to chat about car insurance n what not. i felt it was a waste of time since my prior experiences with insurance people have been not good (Since when does an agent screaming 'wheres my money!' ever bring good business?). Since i know that they are the middlemen, connecting you to the product with a smilie face and handshake, they can't do jack squat after you sold you soul. I might as well be shooting such nifty ammo at a wall. So anyhow we sit there, fluffielady sees what she can do, and insurance lady chats it up, and then turns to me asking 'how do i feel?' At that point i wasn't really in a cheery mood from 1)SBC, 2)increased mortgage payments, 3)Talking to a middleman. i had to think quit of something and just stated 'i'm tired.' Tired of everything. I don't even know how long we stayed there but i saw no fruit bared from it.

At least some goodness came about when we met up with Matty and Carol in downtown San Mateo.. it's been a while since we've been there. Hung out and ate Thai, i first saw this place at citysearch.com and it said it was pretty good, but Carol informed me that the place was empty when they walked by. With my mastery of holes in the walls, 1st rule is never go to an empty hole in the wall. But as we parked and happen to walk by, fluffielady and i saw the place (but didn't know the storename) packed with people and thought, ok this place is cool. Met up with Matty n Carol and told them about it. They were confuzzled, and i then i see the storename, how silly. Anyhow food was pretty good, but the tables were mainly setup for 'couples.' Well the place was pretty small. Yummie foods though! Meeting up with them made the day(s) a bit better.

So as for Today, i dunno why but i feel all bitter. One of those bitter against the world kinda feeling? Maybe it's time for patron? Patron doesn't have the effect on me as the others do, why?
Well Capt'n D and i were supposed to go up to the snowy hills of tahoe, but looking at the weather it said it was going to start raining at noon. Thats a bad sign and i decided to bail on it. Delilah in the snow is fine, Delilah on the ice isn't. I wanted a haircut but my 'stylist' is sick. So somehow i found a copy of an old old game online called BattleTech: Crescent Hawks Inception. What the heck is that you say? Well the game came out in 1988, and i bought it with my 5$ a week allowance at 1989, as well as my swiss army knife (my religion). Anyhow i remember it as if it was yesterday. I'm in downstairs in my room, playing this game on my Laser 128EX. Yes thats right, 3.6 MHz, 128k ram apple-compatible with 16-Color monitor, the only bad thing was somehow my floppy disk drive couldn't write, it could read though. So i'm playing this game, i'm almost at the end. And i'm trying to figure out the final puzzle and BAM! Stupid Loma Prieta Earthquake hit. I think it was the first time i played the game for 3hrs straight. Longest ever!
After finding the 319k zipped game. I beat it in about 1.5hrs, well cheated i suppose, the internet is your friend! And yes, i was right there about to win.
Scratch one less thing to do on my list!

No Onward to Mechwarrior 1, which paul and i used to play on his 386 33mhz(turbo)!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?