<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 09, 2006

Spin Spin Sugah!

(New Kitty Cat pic! Awww..)
Today was a fun day. A coworker and i snapped caps at Chabot. Sighted in my 686 as well as the Para Ord for 50 yards. Brought the Chrono and clocked a gangload of shots. My coworker brought his bolt action 30-06, and the scope was way off. It took aobut 10 shots but i got it sighted in. Someone spun the elevation and drift knobs to their extremes.
The fun part was going back home. Traffic was light and i heard this sound as if there was paper stuck on a tire, it was an audible click. Not a thump or a rub. But when i got to the Bay bridge, which traffic was still light, out of nowhere the noise turned into a thumping, then i noticed my alignment was all sideways. I hear a thud like my front tire ran over something and got lodged into the rear then the car started swerving. I was on the left lane and Delilah was starting to head towards the wall, so i countersteered, and it went nowhere at first and then started outward a bit fast. At that point i thought my front passenger tire blew and i corrected steering to the left, as usual delilah pointed at the wall. One more correction and i spun out, 360 degrees, well more like 390, and went to a halt in the 2 left middle lanes. Luckily there was only 1 car remotely nearby and saw what my car was doing, and slowed down. i went all the way to the right lane and dragged my way towards a pull over right before the Treasure island tunnel. I get out of the car and look and it wasn't the front but the rear passenger tire that there were two gapping holes on the outside. I replaced the tire and this is what i get on the inside:



It's a clean cut around from the sidewall, and chunks of sidewall coming off, this is clearly not done by rubbing of anysorts. Actually the tread and corners are pretty new still, since i bought these tires april of this year. Replaced and went on home with a few people looking at me with disbelief. I didn't have a flashback moment, it was kinda like when i used to do jumps on my mountain bike and the first time you knew you weren't gonna make it, it was like that. The only thing i thought of was 'today, i'm not dying today.'
Got home and called up Tire Rack, they said that theres no recall on these tires and blow outs sound like manufacturer defect. I gotta bring it into a Bridgestone shop to have it inspected. Ok, thats it? Fluffielady isn't thrilled with the idea of Bridgestones on my car. I tell you, things just break around me.

In other news, Johnny Walker Gold Label is pretty tasty and smooth! More mellow than the green label.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?