<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 25, 2006

Yay it's christmas!

Yesterday we shot some more, this time it was sunny. I brought out the Match AR-15 and Chronograph to measure out a bunch of load combinations. Freaking .223 research on the AR is killer. My best 5 shot group seems to be 2.25" on Federal Gold medal match primers. Each shot was next to each other in a line a little less than an inch. All other groups were all over the place at 100 yards. Rock River claims it puts out 1/2" at 100 yards. I guess if you count the 3 most tightest shots it'll be 1/2" at 100 yards. But i still currently feel that i'm not skilled to do it yet. I shoulda brought my creedmore jacket n everything.

i also got a shooting timer, used for IPSC and for other timed events. With the 686 revolver in my hand and shooting 5 steel pipes at 20 yards or so i can bust it around 5-6seconds. With my Para and IPSC shooting rig, drawing the holster and shooting 5, it comes out to around the 5 second range. Usually from the beep to the first shot is around 1.8-2.0 seconds, then every shot is about .75 seconds. Hardest part is aiming. I did get more intuitive with the 686. Now its gotta happen with the para.

Checked out my IPSC score at theRichmondhotshots website. I'm 13 outta 21, in the 65% range. Pretty good, i need to bust it 2 more times to get classed. Limited and Open divisions are the 2 main classes, and their the hardest in competition. I haven't set my goal in this pistol stuff yet, but i would like to be in a good class rank (Rankings are from Master, A, B, C, D). i just need to catch my front sight faster.

Afterwards, we saw the lights around town and ate a yummie dindins.

Yay today is opening of all the gifts. The in-laws tell me that i had the most which was surprising! It comes out that i got alotta dough from them! yay! dankies!

Ooops i forgot the 2 other boxes of Focaccia bread mixes!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?