<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 08, 2007

(Posted 7-10-07)
Fearing that it's going to be blazing hot out at the range, we head out on a shotgunning day. With my new FN SLP ready to roll, it was easy and fun to shoot. The recoil is quite reduced and repeated shots are somewhat fast. I guess i just need to get used to it a little more. At the 5Dogs Range, we shot a bit of 20-gauge and my 12 on clay birds. I did ok, not as good as fluffielady's dad. But then i haven't really shotgunned much.
The FN points pretty good when immediately shouldered. I have some video that i'll post when i get home. i just need to remember the mantra of skeet and clay shooting: "The shotgun is a paintbrush and you sweep away the clay in the air." I also need to mount the thing a bit faster. The SLP does have some weight to it. After shooting a remington 870 in 20-gauge, that thing is light and quick to mount and aim, but the recoil is a touch more then the SLP!
About 90 rounds have gone through the SLP already, and a case of clays gone. We might need more for friday, if we decide to go for it again. Shot some pistol and called it a day around 11:30am, it was hot (85degrees) but not crazy flaming hot.
I like this gun!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?