<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 22, 2008

Level Of Difficulty at Work: 0.25 out of 10
Time During Lunch: None

There was a dream, 2 of them. Fluffielady as of late has had 4am awakenings and sometimes i am awaken from the awakening. I have strange selective hearing. You could be taking directly at me and a random noise elsewhere will kill our convo. But as i lay to sleep, i can hear at times: People walking down the street, the noisy loud clock in the boys room, and rarely fluffielady's watch ticking across the room. At my parents i used to be able to hear the cats walk on the fence, jump and land on the concrete. Anywho, i can't seem to remember my 2 dreams, one was a good one too.

Today i recieved my gun parts package from Brownells. They're pretty fast from Montezuma, Iowa. I ordered on Sunday and i suppose UPS works on that monday holiday. Normally it takes 7-10 days. With this supposed rain storm coming sooneth and fluffielady out n about for her work, it's tear apart firearms time! In the box are a bunch of cleaning jags that i decide to try out, some patches for the jags, a few speedloader holders for the 686. And this puppy:


1st of easiest Mods. an STI extended Magazine Releasein to the Para, and extended it is! I had put in a steel oversized button to replace the plastic stock one. I could barely reach the button and hitting the button faster = faster shooting times.
Speaking of how, i am now rated 'C' Class. It sounds so pro but this is for folks 40-60% of the High Masters Score. Yep, IPSC is graded on a curve dependant on the fastest folk in the nation. I'm at 57.35%. The class that i'm in also is one of the larger groups, the limited class. I could goofball it in the revolver class with the 686, but that involves $ for equipment.

So i was trying to install a AFTEC extractor, but my Para is a Series 80 and putting the extractor in = no firing pin safety. Hmmz Is there a workaround? If not i can live without the firing pin safety. I finally did get to clean the extractor channel and talk about caked-in crap! Extractors are your friends, it pulls away the used case for another one to be used. I might pause on the extractor for now and move onto a spring kit for the Marlin 1894 lever action, tommorrow.

----------------
Now playing: Moulin Rouge - Ending 'Bolero'
via FoxyTunes

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?