<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 24, 2009


4:50pm

Headed out to Chabot today to pop a few caps with my brother and his possee. A Coworker called saying that he was going to shoot the high power rifle there at 11am, since i'm there i might as well do it. I've never shot high power at chabot before. We arrive around 9am to a mist of fog and quietness. When signing up the rangemaster tells us that if he can't see the 100 yard dirt berm, theres no shooting to be had. Lo n behold 10minutes later things clear up.
1)My M1 Garand is sighted in for 100 yards finally, and best 3-shot group was an inch! Too bad many jams, op-rod popping out, failure to feed keeps this rifle on the back burner. Unless i'm shooting an Alies vs. Axis match. It needs more grease the range guy said. How much grease does this thing need??
2)The Marlin 1894 .44mag lever action is sighted in a few inches low at 100. I thought they would be higher, but then it is a reduced load. At least it is a flat shooter.
3)The Para and Glock 21 are point shooters at 15 yards. Center hold to punch out X's.
4)I'm getting low on ammo! Yikes!

Around 11am i get a text message from that co-worker saying that he couldn't make it. Doh! I head to the 200 yard shack and find out they are delayed because of the fog and the 11am relay may start around noon. They didn't until 12:45pm. I had all the gear there and still did not feel the motivation to shoot it. I don't know why, i'm guessing it's lonely shooting it by yourself. Does that make me a social shooter?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?