<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 06, 2009

Level Of Difficulty at Work: 1.1 out of 10
NapTime During Lunch: medium

A while back, before the mini-toast, i had a sleep apnea test and was found to have severe obstruction of the airway at night. Lovely isn't it? I was ok with it, i didn't wake up groggy, i thought i slept ok, except for the mad snoring, but fluffielady took the brunt of it all. She'd have dreams of earthquakes and rattling and vibrating, only to realize it was me next to her. Also my blood pressure has been rising slowly, mini-toast could have had a part of it, but still it's going up and thats not good. We've cut alot of junk food and fast food, so that too confused me. Maybe junk food lowered my blood pressure like scotch does, so do i need a diet of junk food to be healthy?
After the test, mini-toast came about and my doctor told me that i was to be contacted by peoples for the machinery. It never happened, i inquired a few times at mini-toast's check ups but nothing, until 3 weeks ago. All of a sudden i was approved for a CPAP machine, and last friday i finally had time to get fitted.
It's been 3 days and i think i've felt the first of it's benefits. The first two days my resting heart rate was about 69, which was pretty good since it used to be alot higher. It confused me that i would wake up with a pulse of 70-80+ bpm. Today, the third day, my resting heart rate was 60 and as i hopped on my bike, my chest felt lighter. It felt airy, it was weird, i could ride better and not be all huffle puffed. My only gripe with the machine is that i can't move as much around in bed or else it'll start hissing, whistling or something annoying. At least Fluffielady can sleep alot better, i'm slowly getting used to the noise, which isn't that much. Technologies have made it way better then what i heard before.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?