<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Did some laundry, and started setting up for my wifi migration. Our house only has 3 phone jacks, one in the kitchen, one in the master bedroom and the last where the kiddo is going to be at. I don't like the idea of 2.4ghz waves flowing around the kid at its strongest spot, so i'm going to relocate it to the garage.
I find a location right next to the door and seek out how to do this. It's quite easy, for a 1-lined house, most homes are wired for 2 lines. Near where my mail slot is, is where the phone wiring meets. I study that and see where the main line is hooked up to. I bought a 50-foot cat-3 3-pair line (for 3 lines if i wanted) for 8$. The hardest part is stripping the wires, since i don't own a wire stripper, i used wire cutters to gently strip. I routed the wires and stapled them to the side of the basement and to where its all going to meet. This stage is complete, i've looked at the dsl modem, router and surge protector and their all wall mount doable. Now it's time to plan..

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?